• Your time of arrival will be confirmed with you the day before your procedure.
• If you are getting sedation or general anesthesia, do not eat or drink at least 8 hours prior to your procedure, including water, gum, and candy. If you are getting ONLY local anesthesia with no sedation, you can eat a light meal, no caffeine.
• ASTHMA: if necessary, take 2 puffs of your inhaler before you come to the center. Bring any emergency inhalers with you.
DIABETIC: withhold oral hypoglycemic drugs or insulin the morning of surgery. Bring these with you to the surgery center.
CARDIAC: take heart medications, antihypertensive and/or diuretic the morning of surgery with a small sip of water.
• Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to get into after your surgery
• For knee surgery patients, please wear loose pants, no jeans. For shoulder surgery patients, please wear a large loose button-down shirt.
• If you have crutches/cane, please bring it with you.
• All valuables (includes money, jewelry, piercings) should be left at home the center is not responsible for personal items lost.
• Wear your glasses if needed-contact lenses may not be worn during surgery. Please leave at home or bring your lens case.
• Remove all make-up, nail polish, jewelry. And body piercings.
• Please bring your insurance card and photo ID.
• If you have had sedation or general anesthesia, you must have a responsible adult with you 24 hours after your surgery.
• Bring any medical equipment that was prescribed by your surgeon.
• If you have an advance directive or living will, please bring it with you.
TeamMD Surgery Center is an Out of Network facility. The Center accepts Commercial Insurance with Out-Of-Network (OON) Benefits, Auto Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance (subject to pre-approval). TeamMD Surgery Center participates with Medicare.